- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0)—The Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 product is a free (value-add) product that can be downloaded from Microsoft and installed on any Windows Server 2003 system without any additional licensing (aside from the server itself). It provides core document management, collaboration, and basic search.
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 Standard. MOSS standard builds on top of WSS to provide portal, advanced search, and enterprise content management.
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise. MOSS enterprise builds on top of MOSS standard to include Business Process, InfoPath forms services, Excel services, Business Data Catalog, Business Intelligence and Business Data Search.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server for Search 2007 (Standard Edition)—This product was created for those organizations that simply need search capabilities, but do not yet require the document management and collaboration features of the full MOSS 2007 product.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server for Search 2007 (Enterprise Edition)—The Enterprise Edition of MOSS 2007 for Search adds additional search providers to the product and allows for additional scaling options.
The green shaded areas are provided by WSS and since MOSS builds on WSS, the entire pie is delivered by MOSS. MOSS specifically provides the portal, search, enterprise content management, business process and forms, and business intelligence pieces.
An Overview of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007