Types of zones included in the Web Part Framework:
- Web Part Zones —This type of zone is used to render Web Parts. You can add Web Parts to a Web Part Zone and drag and drop Web Parts between different Web Part Zones.
- Editor Zones—This type of zone is used to render Editor Parts. Use Editor Parts to enable a user to edit Web Part properties.
- Catalog Zones—This type of zone is used to render Catalog Parts. Use Catalog Parts to display lists of Web Parts that a user can add to a page.
- Connections Zones—This type of zone is used to display an interface that enables users to connect Web Parts dynamically.
A page can be in one of the following Display Modes:
- Browse—The default mode. In this mode, you cannot rearrange or edit Web Parts.
- Design—In this mode, you can drag and drop Web Parts from one Web Part Zone to
- Edit—In this mode, you can edit a Web Part’s properties by using one or more Editor Parts.
- Catalog—In this mode, you can add new Web Parts to a page from one or more Catalog Parts.
- Connect—In this mode, you can create dynamic connections between Web Parts.
ASP.NET 2.0 Unleashed