- Excel Services
- My Sites
- Published Links
- Personalization Links
- User Profiles
- A SSP can host only a single Search Provider
- Best practice is to implement a single SSP and a single search provider, multiple search providers complicates the SSP design.
- Benefits: search people with skills about a subject
- User profile information can be collected from:
- LDAP: limited content information
- Direct input from user:
- Edit profile in personal feature page if do not have a My Site
- Or My Site User details page
- Properties of users can be used to
- define audiences for targeting content
- Or create custom search scopes
- It is for relevance.
- Publishing links to Office applications such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint allows you to populate the "Save As" locations based on the who a user is, such as the AD group to which the user belong.
- When you save a word doc, you can specify the sharepoint site folder. If you specify my site to be their default, they will pull information from the SSP every 24 hours.
- Personalization Links allows you to target content to My Site top link bars.
- You can target information on top link bars to specific users based on the AD group.
- You can also expose Publishing site navigation to your My Sites.
- For increasing relevance.
- Audiences allow you to target information to users based on their:
- AD Groups
- Sharepoint Groups
- User Profile information
- You can change the audience settings of your web part to show/hide information based on the user group who are viewing your web part.
- Users cannot easily choose their audience on the fly.
- Provide personal workspace for users
- Collecting user information
- Integration with Outlook through Meeting Workspaces