- All users with sufficient permission to modify the web part in public shared views
- Modifications apply to the view of the modifying user only
Exposing Properties to Customize
- Decorate public properties with attributes
- Personalizable: controls personalization scope
- WebBrowsable: causes the property to display in the web part editor
- WebDisplayName: human readable, localized name of the property
- WebDescription: localizable description of the property
- Category: text used to group related properties in the web part editor
- When OnPreRender happens
- All controls are fully loaded on the page.
- ViewState is loaded and control values are current.
- ViewState is not saved and can still be changed.
- Last chance to change properties of controls before rendering take place.
- OnPreRender Uses
- Update control properties based on personalization properties
- Get data from the database
- Make web service calls
- Connect data binding
- Do stuff that depends on the state and values of ChildControls